Friday, November 27, 2015

Hello New Chapter

It is officially more than a year since my last post and I just remembered about
this old blog site of mine.

Here we are in an entirely  new town called Siem Reap, in the northern part
of Cambodia. It is an interesting choice because on our first two months here,
there wasn't even a cinema yet. It is indeed a far cry from the concrete jungle that is
Singapore. However, you have to surprise yourself sometimes with decisions such as this and I am not sorry I made the decision to move here.

We arrived here in February this year and spent 2 months training in Phnom
Penh, the capital. I must say, I like Siem Reap a whole lot better than Phnom Penh.
The capital is reminiscent of Manila in the early 90's. I always feel unsafe when I walk
in the streets due to warnings from colleagues and acquaintances. It sure does not have
a very good reputation safety-wise.

We managed to find a newly-built apartment in Siem Reap which had a Western and modern feel to it. Just a few touches here and there we finally felt at home, at least for this year.

Had to purchase two bicycles with baskets that are just way too cute not to post on Instagram.
Having a bicycle helps you save a couple of bucks on tuktuk rides daily.

Our very cute bicycles



So it has been officially 10 months in Cambodia, and so for the time being, we will call this home.

Who knows what will happen next?

Tomorrow marks our 15th anniversary and I think that is the only aspect in our lives that have
remained constant.

I do not mind that we move around so much, as long as we do it together.

Ciao for now.

 


No comments: